- Expand our reach into the community to provide volunteers for established programs that assist young girls and women in learning about science and how to pursue science-related education and careers.
- Encourage participation in MentorNet E-Mentoring Network for Diversity in Engineering and Science www.MentorNet.net as either mentors or protégés.
- Encourage participation in AWIS events and activities by scholarship and science fair award winners
AWIS Outreach Committee Member Functions:
- Develop events, foster collaborations, and participate in STEM activities that encourage and support women in STEM careers.
- Provide opportunities for young women to explore and build upon careers in STEM.
- Engage the larger community to support women in STEM, through organized volunteer activities, mentorship, sponsorship and leadership opportunities.
Leadership Development Opportunities:
- Communicate Your Passion for STEM
- Increase Your Network
- Build Leadership Skills
- Contribute to publications – Newsletter Writing, SOPs, STEM Activities
- Manage expenses
- Plan events
- Provide mentoring