Public Relations Committee Mission Statement:
“To increase public awareness of AWIS San Diego and its mission to advance STEM equity through diverse programming offerings to our members and the community.”
Help us to build awareness of AWIS-SD events and news on a flexible schedule—we have short and long term projects that fit a busy life, and we thrive on new ideas! Join Us!
Responsibilities: Public Relations promotes AWIS SD resources for career development and acts as a voice for women in STEM to the wider community.
- Develop PR strategy and a consistent branding image
- Build and maintain relationships with aligned STEM organizations
- Design diverse marketing content
- Manage social media accounts and email campaigns to provide visibility to chapter & community events, and job opportunities
- Retain, recruit, and welcome members from diverse STEM fields, career levels, and employment sectors
Public Relations Committee Member Benefits:
- Communication, Marketing, and Management: Develop key skills in communication, marketing, and management with application to any career fields and levels.
- Creative Design: Develop your creative talents through design of social media campaigns, promotional materials, and or showcase your photography skills for our events.
- Networking: Develop relevant relationships with other AWIS SD committees, media contacts, sponsors, and partners. Represent AWIS SD at local conferences and STEM events.
- Recognition of Contributions: We provide visibility through the nomination of AWIS San Diego Awards, name recognition in email signature lines, our website, member spotlights, and through LinkedIn recommendations.
Members Aarti Narang, Alison Huang, Elena Rubio de la Torre, Gloria Lefkowitz, Jennifer Ngolab, Katherine Liu, Lori Yang and Susan McOuown
AWIS-SD WIST Conference
AWIS-SD Scholarship Celebration
AWIS-SD Open House
Business Women’s Mega Mixer
March for Science 2017
SD Lawyers Club Equal Pay Day
Science Fair at Del Mar
Qualcomm QWISE Day
Yashi (PR member) and Vicki (Outreach member) at the AWIS-SD booth at the STE[+a]m ASCEND Conference.
AWIS-SD volunteers celebrating International Women’s Day with QWISE at Qualcomm.
If you are interested in becoming involved in increasing awareness of our chapter, while improving your communication skills and learning to interact with the media, please contact the PR Chair.